PolarView NS is a complete user friendly on-board marine navigation system. It is available for Apple Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. PolarView NS combines easy marine passage planning, tides and weather with live GPS navigation and AIS capabilities.
Read the REVIEWS from our users and professionals, check out the SCREEN SHOTS, then DOWNLOAD and take it for a spin!
PolarView NS features include:
Comprehensive chart coverage of United States and United Kingdom waters is available as an add-on media order.
- High-quality fast display of S57/S63 vector charts and BSB v3/v4 raster charts
- Complete passage planning: edit routes and waypoints with a click of a mouse
- Built-in download of ENC charts
- Integrated ActiveCaptain POI off-line viewer
- Tides and currents display
- GRIB weather viewer with a built-in free GRIB downloadi
- Extensive set of analog and digital instruments and alarms
- Georeference and display images (PNG, JPEG)
- GPX format support: exchange route and waypoint data with most GPS devices
- Control ship navigation directly on chart with a click of your mouse
- AIS support with AIS targets rendered to scale and CPA/TCPA alarm
- And much more...
Other sources of supported charts are:
PolarView NS includes a wide range of navigation instruments, as well as data multiplexor compatible with NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 over SeaSmart or Actisense protocols.
- Comprehensive set of navigation instruments including position, speed, course, wind, depth
- Highly visible digital and analog instruments
- Multiple fully configurable instrument panels
- Anchor, XTE, depth and arrival visual/audio alarms
- Multiple modes of true wind calculation
- NMEA 0183 compatible autopilot control output
- AIS based CPA/TCPA alarm with better proximity estimate
- Multiplexing several serial data inputs
- Forwarding and receiving data over TCP/UDP network connections
- Data logging and replay capability
- Supported NMEA 0183 sentences: GLL,VTG,RMC,GGA,GSA,GSV,DBK,DBS,DBT,DPT,HDG,HDT,HDM,VHW,VWR,VWT,MWV,MWD,MTW,ROT,RSA
- Support for AIS (AIVDM)
- Autopilot & current route: ECAPB,ECRMB,ECRTE,ECWPL
- Support for SeaSmart NMEA 2000 gateway protocol
- Support for Actisense NGT-1 NMEA 2000 gateway protocol